Success is defined not just by technical prowess, but by a unique set of abilities known as Power Skills.
Welcome to the Power Skills Program at YourPeoplePower.org
In the dynamic landscape of today’s business world, success is defined not just by technical prowess, but by a unique set of abilities known as Power Skills. These skills, coined and reimagined by Gina Maria Buckney through extensive collaboration with leading multinational corporations, encompass what were previously known as the softer, more personal capabilities that empower individuals to excel in their professional journeys, along with new skills required to not only thrive, but survive, in today’s working world.
The extensive research, study, and analysis undertaken by Gina after working with many of our worlds leading institutions resulting in four common themes of struggle for these organisations when it came to their people.
At YourPeoplePower.org, our mission is to provide solutions to problems for our clients, and thus, The Power Skills Program was created to address these four key areas of struggle. We believe that cultivating these Power Skills is paramount for thriving and keeping up with the competition, and people retention and wellbeing in the modern workplace.
The Four Key Power Skills For Leading Multinational Corporations
1. Personal Resilience:
In the face of challenges, Personal Resilience equips individuals with the mental and emotional fortitude to navigate obstacles and setbacks with grace. By developing resilience, professionals can bounce back from adversity, maintain focus, and sustain high levels of performance even in the most demanding situations.
2. Personal Agility:
Adaptability is key in today’s ever-evolving business landscape. Personal Agility empowers individuals to embrace change, pivot effectively, and swiftly seize new opportunities. Those equipped with personal agility can navigate uncertainty with confidence, making them indispensable assets in any organization.
3. Emotional Intelligence:
The ability to understand and manage one’s emotions, as well as empathize with others, is a hallmark of Emotional Intelligence. This Power Skill enhances communication, teamwork, and leadership, fostering a harmonious work environment where individuals can connect, collaborate, and contribute to their fullest potential.
4. Mental Wellness:
Prioritizing Mental Wellness is a crucial facet of sustained success. This Power Skill encourages individuals to maintain a healthy work-life balance, manage stress, and build positive habits that nurture both professional growth and personal fulfillment.
These four super capabilities make up the core of our Power Skills Program Training.
The benefits of investing in employees’ softer capabilities and power skills.
- Increased Productivity and Performance:
- Effective Leadership and Collaboration:
- A research study published in the Journal of Applied Psychology found that teams with higher levels of emotional intelligence exhibit better teamwork and collaboration, resulting in higher overall performance.
- A study conducted by the Center for Creative Leadership revealed that leaders who possess strong interpersonal and communication skills are 60% more likely to achieve their business objectives.
- Resilience and Adaptability:
- The World Economic Forum’s Future of Jobs Report predicts that by 2025, the top skills required in the workforce will include resilience, stress tolerance, and flexibility.
- Research from McKinsey & Company highlights that organizations with resilient employees are twice as likely to outperform their peers in challenging situations.
- Employee Wellbeing and Retention:
- A study by Deloitte found that organizations that focus on employee well-being and personal development experience 89% higher retention rates.
- Gallup reports that employees who feel their well-being is well-supported by their organization are 2.6 times more likely to stay with their employer.
- Innovation and Creativity:
- The Creativity at Work survey conducted by Adobe found that companies promoting creativity and innovation have 1.5 times higher market share and are more likely to generate above-average revenue growth.
- Customer Satisfaction:
- Research published in the Harvard Business Review indicates that employees with high emotional intelligence contribute significantly to improved customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Elevate Your Team's Potential: Enroll Now
Equip your people with the essential Power Skills they need to excel. Enroll your team in the Power Skills Program today and embark on a journey of growth and achievement.